Some years ago I moved to France for personal reasons. Very soon I started to discover that the funniest activity to do in this country is to look at French and discover how good and famous they think they are.
Personally, as an Italian, I find that my country is much more interesting to visit and that Rome is much more worth a visit than Paris. Why? Go through this site and find it out by yourself!
I will therefore not hesitate to publish funny things on this pompous country and on the people who live there, and to publicise my discoveries to the whole world. No sorting order whatsoever. I'll just follow my instinct, describing events as I remember them and taking inspirations from everyday life.
If you are French and you are not humble enough to accept comments or critics on your country, then leave this page before starting to get hurt. If you want you can leave your comments too, but, please, don't be vulgar, or I'll cut them off.

2 Apr 2008

French Wine?

A Study of wines sold in the EU, including a number from France, were found to contain a range of pesticides, with one bottle from the sample containing ten different varieties.

This is maybe why you sould taste Italian wine, which is better and healtier.

Source: 'Wine contaminated with pesticides, study claims' post on This French Life blog

Related posts: 'Fighting in the kitchen'

2 comments:

Sophie Pilgrim said...

This story might interest you: http://observers.france24.com/en/content/20080326-france-standard-cost-living-best. I think Italy was ranked number seven. Whereas UK was 37! (I'm english living in Paris)

Anonymous said...

Don't talk nonsense! Italy is by far the best place to live in the world! Shining hot sun and not rain as in France for most of the year. The blue Mediterranean sea, gorgeous girls and unbelievably good meals.
French wine is full of at least ten types of pesticides and the Mont Blanc highest peak is in Italy. Believe me!
Emigré (who left Italy for France by mistake)
http://frenchconspiracy.blogspot.com