Some years ago I moved to France for personal reasons. Very soon I started to discover that the funniest activity to do in this country is to look at French and discover how good and famous they think they are.
Personally, as an Italian, I find that my country is much more interesting to visit and that Rome is much more worth a visit than Paris. Why? Go through this site and find it out by yourself!
I will therefore not hesitate to publish funny things on this pompous country and on the people who live there, and to publicise my discoveries to the whole world. No sorting order whatsoever. I'll just follow my instinct, describing events as I remember them and taking inspirations from everyday life.
If you are French and you are not humble enough to accept comments or critics on your country, then leave this page before starting to get hurt. If you want you can leave your comments too, but, please, don't be vulgar, or I'll cut them off.

1 Apr 2008

XC Skiing - Giorgio Di Centa vs Vincent Vittoz

Moments to remember: Giorgio Di Centa defeating Vincent Vittoz for the final 50kms XC Skiing Race in Turin 2006 is surely one of them! The Italian stayed with the lead pack for the better part of two hours, then sprinted away in the final few hundred meters to win the men's 50-kilometer race.
I watched the race with most of my French colleagues and, despite being alone, I enjoyed seeing the French champion, Vincent Vittoz, desperatedly trying to follow Giorgio!
The Italian was too strong that day, and my work colleagues had to pay the check for the Spumante! I won't really forget their typically-French pompous look vanishing during the race... Moments to remember, as I said, moments to remember!

No comments: