Some years ago I moved to France for personal reasons. Very soon I started to discover that the funniest activity to do in this country is to look at French and discover how good and famous they think they are.
Personally, as an Italian, I find that my country is much more interesting to visit and that Rome is much more worth a visit than Paris. Why? Go through this site and find it out by yourself!
I will therefore not hesitate to publish funny things on this pompous country and on the people who live there, and to publicise my discoveries to the whole world. No sorting order whatsoever. I'll just follow my instinct, describing events as I remember them and taking inspirations from everyday life.
If you are French and you are not humble enough to accept comments or critics on your country, then leave this page before starting to get hurt. If you want you can leave your comments too, but, please, don't be vulgar, or I'll cut them off.

10 Mar 2008

Rome vs Paris...

When you are willing to compare Rome to Paris it is just like you are trying to compare gold with brass , or, as Frenchies say, "vous etes en train de melanger les serviettes et les torchons"!

To me, Rome comes definitively first in the comparison with Paris. Ok, I like being pompous too. Or do French have the copyright on pompousness?

I want to invite you to read these two posts (and the related comments) which I inexpectedly found very interesting:

Please do not hesitate to leave comments and opinions!

2 comments:

The Globetrotter Parent said...

Your blog is hysterical. Thanks for linking my old blog, First Paris Then Rome. I have a new blog now: theglobetrotterparent.blogspot.org.

I have to say, having lived in both Paris and Rome, I really do prefer Paris (and I am not French). I prefer the wider avenues, the green spaces in the center (none in Rome unless you visit one of the big parks), the transit system, the River Seine. Rome is much better for food, though. I will give you that.

Emigré said...

I see you prefer Paris, but what I expect from a town are places, monuments, cosy places, athmosphere. And I think you can find all of this in Rome. I do really think of Paris as of a highway, with those big, endless avenues leading nowhere, with no real attractions on the road, no monuments to admire.
French are so lost for monuments that they try to sell Tour Montparnasse as a monument!!! And when you climb to the top, what you can see is just roads, buildings. In Rome you can spot magnificent churches, archs, columns, palaces, the Colisee and the Vatican, etc etc.
Anyhow I appreciate your blogs and I'll come to read your http://theglobetrotterparent.blogspot.com/ very often.
Emigré