Some years ago I moved to France for personal reasons. Very soon I started to discover that the funniest activity to do in this country is to look at French and discover how good and famous they think they are.
Personally, as an Italian, I find that my country is much more interesting to visit and that Rome is much more worth a visit than Paris. Why? Go through this site and find it out by yourself!
I will therefore not hesitate to publish funny things on this pompous country and on the people who live there, and to publicise my discoveries to the whole world. No sorting order whatsoever. I'll just follow my instinct, describing events as I remember them and taking inspirations from everyday life.
If you are French and you are not humble enough to accept comments or critics on your country, then leave this page before starting to get hurt. If you want you can leave your comments too, but, please, don't be vulgar, or I'll cut them off.

17 Mar 2008

Unwanted takeover...

Sad news today: apparently Alitalia is going to be bought by Air France... How is this going to happen? Do Italy really need help from France? I can't believe it!!! We should not leave France ingest in our national problems. In my opinion, the truth is that the French government wants to become stronger and have an international recognition of their country. And expanding the partnership Air France-KLM with the acquisition of Alitalia would be very rewarding for the government, especially after that the European Airbus consortium (EADS) had won the megamillion dollar contract to supply their air planes as refuelers to the USAF.

I think the Italian leaders are going crazy and, with elections approaching, wrong choices are being made! A state of confusion is on the road in Italy, as usual.
Berlusconi is getting older and even more penny-pinching. His opponent, colorless Walter Veltroni, is for the first time on the road to success. Umberto Bossi keeps having an idiotic separatist attitude... At the same time the low class is more concerned by who will win the Campionato (Football League) between Inter and Rome (go Roma, go!!!) than by economical and strategic events like that French takeover on Alitalia.

Where are we going then? Having our Alitalia company bought by a country like France, that is ruled by a president who is mixing roles (family, party and presidency), leave me lost for words... and Italians really don't like the idea of being taken over by the French.
And yet I don't really think we have a choice this time: France will finally be successful, after losing the Football World Cup and having had to accept an Italian first lady.

I would like to take advantage of this post to give my support
to every "Boycott China" operation! Please respect the human rights of the Tibetan people!

2 comments:

Tim Hedges said...

I respectfully disagree. Italy doesn't need a national airline and Alitalia has cost the taxpayer bilions. It will never be efficient because you can't fire anyone in Italy.

Berlusconi wil win the election and Inter will win the scudetto.

I do agree Rome is much nicer than Paris, particularly the people

Emigré said...

I know Alitalia costs 75 euro per year per person. But I don't think that selling it out would solve our problems.

I also reckon that it should be really hard to fire people! Capitalism is not everything! ...And in France firing is hardly accepted too. The two countries are very similar from this point of view.

Berlusconi should give up with his attitude and find a nice rest place where to live his retirement! People don't want to hear from him anymore. I think younger and innovative candidates should be elected. Let's stop with that old caste (Berlusca, Bossi, Fini, Casini, Prodi and Veltroni)! They are funny but we are getting tired of all the bunch...

Rome is at least as strong as Inter and I think that with a bit of luck we can at least fight for a first place to the end.

I'll see you at Circo Massimo to celebrate Rome's scudetto ;-)

Greetings
Emigré